New Features & Enhancements
- Multiple Session Support: Grindstone’s instantiation of its IPC channel now incorporates the Windows NT Session ID. This means you can run one copy of Grindstone in any given user session, rather than one instance per machine. Thus, whether if via Terminal Services or Remote Desktop, or simply Fast User Switching in Windows XP and above, you want to run more than one instance of Grindstone 2 on a single computer, it will now work, provided each instance is run under a unique user.
- Task Force Synchronizer: This release includes a new Scaffold Service Client that supports bandwidth efficiency enhancements in Task Force Service Pack 1.
Changes & Modifications
- Task Force Internal ID Exposure: The Custom Field, Task, and Time Segment dialogs now display the internal Task Force ID for the object they are displaying when applicable.
- Task Force Synchornizer: Sync Failure Notifications can now only last as long as the sync interval is defined. This means that if Grindstone has problems performing a sync in the middle of the night, the warning of such failure will no longer be displayed if a later sync attempt succeeds.
- Task List: “Setup Pairing” is no longer mispelled. =)
Bug Fixes & Defect Corrections
- Crashes: The most prevalent crash bugs that have come up since the release of the last version have been corrected.