Date: Monday, September 23, 2013 Type: Feature Status: Deprecated
New Features & Enhancements
- Grindstone now supports Task Force Private Hosting, which has just become available! Task Force allows you to synchronize your team’s Grindstone time tracking.
Changes & Modifications
- Grindstone 3 now uses Grindstone 2’s home-grown, tried-and-true deployment mechanism.
- The rendering performance of the contents of the task selection interfaces and the Task List’s time pane when those contents change has been increased by approximately 50%.
- Database shadow copying now copies to the local (non-roaming) application data store. This will improve performance and stability for users that have roaming profiles when logging in with their network domain user.
- May Affect Workflow Quick Search is now treated as a filter, and will be cleared when using the Clear Filters command.
- Active column filters are now much easier to distinguish.
- The Welcome Back screen is now semi-translucent if GPU hardware acceleration is enabled and you are not connected via Remote Desktop. It also tints its background with your chosen theme.
- If you have configured Away Detection to trigger when you unlock or wake your computer, switch back to your user session, or connect via Remote Desktop, you will find that Grindstone has already rendered its Welcome Back screen in anticipation of your return.
- The Startup and Progress windows now apply a gaussian blur to their watermarks to improve legibility of their text.
- Grindstone 3 no longer displays its end user license agreement. To view this agreement, you should now consult the new short-cut placed by the installer in the Grindstone 3 start group.
- A handful of tweaks were made to better support the impending release of Microsoft Windows 8.1.
Bug Fixes & Defect Corrections
- Updates no longer cause Windows Vista and above to forget your preference as to whether the Grindstone notification icon should be hidden.
- Time Note Prompts now appear modally above the Stopwatch or Task List if either is open so that it won’t accidentally be hidden behind an always on top window.
- Fixed a defect that caused the Gap Detector’s time filter not to function.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a crash when attempting to add notes to a time segment on the Welcome Back screen.
- The installer should now properly associate Grindstone Database files to Grindstone in Windows 8.
- Fixed the COALESCE function call that sometimes failed in Task Force synchronization.
- Uninstalling Grindstone now properly removes the Run at Startup entry in Windows.
- Fixed a defect that prevented Grindstone from completely cleaning up and shutting down after a crash occurs.