With this update we would also like to announce a Special Spring Discount on Task Force Cloud Subscriptions. Simply sign up for a free trial by May 7th, 2015 and all charges will be discounted by 20% for the lifetime of your subscription.
Task Force brings the time tracking of every Grindstone user in your organization together. It’s remarkably easy to set up and manage. Click here to learn more about it.
Grindstone 3.1.5575 Release Notes
Date: Wednesday, April 8th, 2015 Type: Maintenance Status: Current
New Features & Enhancements
- There is an online manual now available for Grindstone 3. You are actually currently reading these release notes on the same site! You can also access the online manual from the new option in the Help menu.
Changes & Modifications
- The Start Timing and Hide function on the Task List now only closes the Task List window only when timing is active and at least one task is selected after it has attempted to start timing.
- The speed at which Grindstone opens and initializes databases has been increased.
- Grindstone now knows how to repair databases with damaged schema information on its own and will do so when possible automatically.
- The performance and accuracy of the temporal granularity applier has been improved. This makes no sense to you unless you’re on the Dev team, but trust us, it’s a really good thing.
Bug Fixes & Defect Corrections
- A bug that sometimes caused Grindstone to lose its pairing with Task Force has been fixed.
- A bug that sometimes caused Grindstone to crash when refreshing the available task columns in the Stopwatch dropdown has been fixed.
- A defect that allowed the user to specify a default data selection outside the acceptable range of the underlying database engine (and therefore causing Grindstone to crash) has been corrected.
- Clicking cancel on the suspension warning that appears after the Select Database function is selected now works correctly.